11-12 August 2016
Camp 1: 13-14 August 2016
Camp 2: 14-15 August 2016
MAKE YOUR LIFE
Information for freshmen
Zone 0 : HKU and HKUSU membership registration
Venue : Loke Yew Hall
Recommended schedule for freshmen to come registry:
|11 Aug 2016||0930 – 1230||Business and Economics|
|1430 – 1700||Architecture|
|Law (LLB only)|
|12 Aug 2016||0930 – 1230||Arts|
|1430 – 1700||Education|
Zone 1 : Faculty and Academic Society
|Business and Economics||K.K. Leung Building|
|Medicine||Medical Campus (shuttle bus from Main Campus)|
|Law||Cheng Yu Tung Tower|
|Science||Kadoorie Biological Sciences Building|
|Dentistry||Prince Philip Dental Hospital (shuttle bus from Main Campus)|
|Education||Runme Shaw Building|
|Engineering||Haking Wong Building|
|Social Sciences||Centennial Campus|
Zone 2 : Cultural Association, Sports Association and Independent Clubs Association
Venue: Composite Building (Union Building)
Zone 3 : Hall Community
Venue: Run Run Shaw Podium
Things To Bring…
- Admission Letter
- Identity Card with a hardcopy
- Money ($2000 ~ $2500) for various memberships, camp fees, etc.
- Passport-size photos x 5 ~ 7
- Pen and notebook
- Umbrella (both for raining and shining)
- Water and some snacks (in case the canteens will be so crowded)
- Memorise your UID right after Zone 0 which benefit you to apply all other events.
- Please get all the Zone chops at the end of each zone, otherwise you cant go hall tour!
- Don’t let your tummy empty so please have some food before coming.
- Do more researches about sub-organizations under HKUSU first to find your interested clubs and associations.
- Be aware of the clashed schedule between different orientation activities you applied. Make your first schedule in HKU perfect!
- Check the refund policies listed in the notice carefully. And remember to keep all the receipts which might help when doing refund.
Transportation to HKU
|East Gate||West Gate|
|MTR||HKU Station Exit A||HKU Station Exit A|
|Bus||Admiralty: 23/40/40M||Mong Kok/Yau Ma Tei/Jordan: 970/970XCentral(Exchange Square): 4/4X/7/30X/91|
|Minibus||Central (Exchange Square): 8/22||Mong Kok: Red Minibus (Outside Golden Era Plaza)Central(Pottinger Street): 55|
Arrangements during bad weather
If Tropical Storm Warning Signal No. 8 (or above) or the Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is hoisted or in force:
|During 0600-1100 on 11/8||Morning session of 11/8 will be postponed to the afternoon of 11/8|
|During 1100-1800 on 11/8||Afternoon session of 11/8 will be postponed to the morning of 12/8|
|After 0600 on 11/8, and is still in force after 1100||Both sessions of 11/8 will be postponed to 12/8|
|During 0600-1100 on 12/8||Morning session of 12/8 will be postponed to the afternoon of 12/8|
|During 1100-1800 on 12/8||Afternoon session of 12/8 will be postponed to the morning of 12/8|
|After 0600 on 12/8, and is still in force after 1100||Both sessions of 12/8 will be postponed to 13/8|