8-9 August 2019
Camp 1: 12-13 August 2019
Camp 2: 13-14 August 2019
IT’S ALL ABOUT STARR
Information for freshmen
Zone 0 : HKU and HKUSU membership registration
Venue : Loke Yew Hall
Recommended schedule for freshmen to come registry:
|9 Aug 2018||0930 – 1230||Dentistry|
|1430 – 1700||Engineering|
|10 Aug 2018||0930 – 1230||Architecture|
|Law (LLB only)|
|1430 – 1700||Arts|
|Businesss and Economics|
Zone 1 : Faculty and Academic Society
|Business and Economics||K.K. Leung Building|
|Medicine||Medical Campus (shuttle bus from Main Campus)|
|Law||Cheng Yu Tung Tower|
|Science||Kadoorie Biological Sciences Building|
|Dentistry||Prince Philip Dental Hospital (shuttle bus from Main Campus)|
|Education||Runme Shaw Building|
|Engineering||Haking Wong Building|
|Social Sciences||Centennial Campus|
Zone 2 : Cultural Association, Sports Association and Independent Clubs Association
Venue: Composite Building (Union Building)
Zone 3 : Hall Community
Venue: Run Run Shaw Podium
Things To Bring…
- Admission Letter
- Identity Card with a hardcopy
- Money ($2000 ~ $2500) for various memberships, camp fees, etc.
- Passport-size photos x 5 ~ 7
- Pen and notebook
- Umbrella (to block both rain and sunshine)
- Water and some snacks (in case the canteens are too occupied)
- Memorise your UID right after Zone 0 which gives you great convenience when applying to all other events.
- Please get all the Zone chops at the end of each zone, or else you can’t go hall tour!
- Don’t let your tummy feel empty so please have some food before coming.
- Do more researches about sub-organizations under H.K.U.S.U. first to find your interested clubs and associations.
- Be aware of the clashed schedule of activities held by different orientation activities – don’t apply them simultaneously to make your first schedule in HKU perfect!
- Check the refund policies listed in the notice carefully. And remember to keep all the receipts which might help during refund.
Transportation to HKU
|East Gate||West Gate|
|MTR||HKU Station Exit A||HKU Station Exit A|
|Bus||Admiralty: 23/40/40M||Mong Kok/Yau Ma Tei/Jordan: 970/970XCentral(Exchange Square): 4/4X/7/30X/91|
|Minibus||Central (Exchange Square): 8/22||Mong Kok: Red Minibus (Outside Golden Era Plaza)Central(Pottinger Street): 55|
Arrangements under bad weather
If Tropical Storm Warning Signal No. 8 (or above) or the Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is hoisted or in force:
|During 0600-1100 on 9/8||Morning session of 9/8 will be postponed to the afternoon of 9/8|
|During 1100-1800 on 9/8||Afternoon session of 9/8 will be postponed to the morning of 10/8|
|After 0600 on 9/8, and is still in force after 1100||Both sessions of 9/8 will be postponed to 10/8|
|During 0600-1100 on 10/8||Morning session of 10/8 will be postponed to the afternoon of 10/8|
|During 1100-1800 on 10/8||Afternoon session of 10/8 will be postponed to the morning of 10/8|
|After 0600 on 12/8, and is still in force after 1100||Both sessions of 10/8 will be postponed to 11/8|